A warm winter salad of carrot, parsnip and crunchy chickpeas with a spicy yogurt dressing. This is great as a stand alone meal or served as a side dish.
Warm Moroccan Carrot & Chickpea Salad
Author: Chelsea Shine
- 4 large carrots (or 20 fresh baby carrots if available)
- 4 large parsnips
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ⅓ cup unsweetened natural yogurt
- ½ tsp Tabasco (or your favourite chilli sauce)
- Pre-heat oven at 200 degrees.
- Rinse the carrots and parsnips (I like to leave the skins on but you can peel off). Cut each carrot and parsnip in half then cut each piece lengthwise into quarters to get even sized sticks (if using baby carrots chop off the greens leaving a 2cm steam and leave whole) and put them in a large bowl along with the garlic cloves.
- Drain chickpeas and give them a good rinse before adding them to the bowl.
- Drizzle with oil, sprinkle with paprika, cumin, nutmeg and ginger and give it a good mix.
- Spread on an oven tray and cook for 40 minutes, turning them once.
- For the dressing simply mix together the yogurt and Tabasco sauce.
- Arrange the veggie mix on two plates or in a large bowl, drizzle with the dressing and serve.