This is a handy condiment to have in the fridge to add a little spice and Thai flavour to almost any dish. Try it on burgers, sandwiches, add a few tablespoons to a stir fry or toss it through a Thai style salad.
Thai Chilli Jam
Author: Chelsea Shine
Serves: Makes about 1½ cups
- 12 fresh red chillies, roughly chopped
- 1 red capsicum, roughly chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 cm fresh ginger
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup peanut sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- Juice of 1 lime
- Put the chillies, capsicum, garlic and ginger in a blender and blitz until it is finely chopped but not so much that it turns into a puree.
- Put the mixture in a medium pan or pot on a medium to high heat and add the brown sugar, peanut oil, soy sauce, fish sauce, salt and lime juice.
- Bring to the boil then simmer while stirring occasionally for 20 minutes.
- Pour into 1-2 sterilized jars and store in a cool place for up to a few months or keep in the fridge if you plan to use straight away.