This Thai Beef & Mango Salad is my easy go-to dish when I want something healthy but also really tasty. Full of fresh herbs and chilli, marinated beef, a zesty dressing and sweet mango this is a salad you want to make friends with.
Thai Beef Salad
Author: Chelsea Shine
- Marinated Beef
- 4 x 200-300g pieces of beef rump
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 cm fresh ginger, finely grated
- 150g vermicelli rice noodles, cooked and cooled as per packet instructions
- 1 bunch fresh thai basil, leaves picked
- 1 bunch fresh mint, leaves picked
- 1 gem lettuce. roughly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 large mango, roughly sliced
- 1 fresh chilli, thinly sliced
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Place the pieces of beef in a medium bowl. To make the marinade mix together the soy sauce, BBQ sauce, sesame oil and hot sauce in a small and pour over the beef. Leave to marinate for at least 10 minutes or even overnight.
- For the dressing mix together the lime juice, sesame oil, brown sugar, soy sauce and fresh ginger and set aside.
- Put the vermicelli noodles, Thai basil, mint, lettuce, capsicum and mango in a large bowl. Drizzle with the dressing and lightly toss to combine. Place the salad in four serving bowls or one large bowl/platter.
- Pre heat a large frying pan on medium to hot heat. Once the pan is hot add the beef and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or to your liking. Remove from the pan and with a sharp knife cut each piece of beef into thin slices.
- Place the slices of beef on top of the salad. Top with the sliced fresh chilli and serve with a couple slices of fresh lime.
If you don't have fresh mangos available to you try the tinned variety or substitute for papaya, pomegranate or lychees.