A fresh and zesty seafood dish that is great served with some crusty bread to soak up the cider broth.
Steamed Mussels with Cider, Coriander & Lime
Author: Chelsea Shine
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2kgs fresh mussels
- 330ml traditional apple cider
- 1 lime, cut in wedges to serve
- Remove the roots of the coriander, finely chop and place in a small bowl. Add the lime juice, mix to combine and set aside.
- Place the mussels and cider in a large saucepan. Cover and cook on medium heat, shaking the saucepan occasionally, until the mussel shells have opened.
- Either leave in the saucepan to serve or transfer to a serving dish. Spoon the coriander and lime over the mussels making sure majority of it goes inside the shells and on the mussels.
- Top with the lime wedges and serve immediately.