This refreshing salad has great Thai flavours of fresh mint, ginger and lime juice that really amp up the good ol’ cucumber.
Shaved Cucumber & Pomegranate Salad with Ginger Dressing
Author: Chelsea Shine
- 2 telegraph cucumbers
- 1 pomegranate
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 cm fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp white sugar
- ½ tsp soy sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt & pepper
- Using a potato peeler going lengthwise down the cucumber shave full lengths to get long thin ribbons. Repeat with the second cucumber.
- Cut the pomegranate in half and holding the open side down into a small bowl hit the skin of the pomegranate with the back of a spoon until all of the seeds have fallen out and repeat with the other half.
- Place the cucumber, pomegranate seeds and mint leaves into a large bowl.
- For the dressing mix together the grated ginger, olive oil, white sugar, soy sauce and lime juice in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and lightly toss with your hands to ensure the dressing is mixed throughout.
- Put onto a serving dish and enjoy straight away or keep in the fridge for a few hours until you are ready to eat.
Serving it cold out of the fridge can make it all the more refreshing on a hot summers day.