Liven up your winter veggies with this warm roast pumpkin salad. A flavourful combo of pumpkin and feta with the fresh flavours of mint and the sweetness of currants.
Roast Pumpkin Salad with Mint, Feta & Currants
Author: Chelsea Shine
Serves: 4 as a side or 1-2 as a main
- 1 butternut pumpkin (about 600-700g)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ⅓ cup dried currants
- 100g feta cheese
- 4 sprigs of fresh mint
- Balsamic vinegar
- Pre-heat oven at 180 degrees and line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Peel the skin off the pumpkin, cut in half and remove the seeds. Cut into small bite sized cubes and place on the oven tray. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and put in the oven for 40 minutes or until the pumpkin pieces are cooked through.
- Meanwhile put the currants in a small bowl, cover with warm water and leave them to soak.
- Slice feta into small cubes. Pluck mint leaves from the steam and slice into thin strips.
- When the pumpkin is cooked through put it in a large bowl with the drained currants, feta and mint. Lightly toss together and tip into a serving dish.
- Garnish with some extra crumbled feta and mint and drizzle with a little balsamic vinegar. Enjoy served hot or cold.