These tasty little Thai burgers pack a punch with a mix of lemongrass, coriander, lime and a kick of fresh chilli. Make them as mini burgers for a snack or use a larger bun with sweet potatoes chips for a full meal.
Lemongrass, Coriander & Lime Chicken Burgers
Author: Chelsea Shine
Serves: 4 burgers or 8 mini burgers
- 500g chicken mince
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 tbsp lemongrass, chopped
- 1 fresh red chilli, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 lime
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander
- 1 egg
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 4 large or 8 mini burger buns
- 1 avocado
- ¼ cup unsweetened natural or Greek yogurt
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp paprika
- Pre-heat oven at 180 degrees. Cut the sweet potatoes into chips (I like to leave the skins on but you can peel off) and spread onto an oven tray. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with paprika. Leave to bake for 30 minutes, turning once, while you make the burgers.
- Put chicken mince in a large bowl with onion, lemongrass, chilli, garlic, zest of the lime. Chop only the stalks of the coriander and add to the mixture. Lightly beat the egg and add along with the bread crumbs and season with salt and pepper. Mix well and divide into either 4 large or 8 mini patties.
- For the dressing chop 1 tablespoon of the coriander leaves and mix with yogurt and juice of the lime.
- Pour a little oil into a frying pan on medium heat. Put the patties in and cook for about 5 minutes each side or until the patties are cooked through.
- Slice avocado and put the buns in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Get the buns out of the oven, cut them in half, top with chicken patties, avocado slices and remaining coriander leaves and drizzle with the coriander yogurt. Pop the lids on the burgers and serve with the sweet potato chips either on individual plates or on a large platter/board for everyone to share.