This is an easy but oh so tasty and nutritious salad with chunks of haloumi, colourful bursts of sweet pomegranate, fresh mint leaves and quinoa.
Haloumi, Pomegranate, Mint & Quinoa Salad
Author: Chelsea Shine
- 2 cups white quinoa
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp vegetable stock
- 500g haloumi cheese
- 2 pomegranate, seeds extracted
- 2 cups chopped fresh mint leaves
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- Place quinoa, water and vegetable stock in a medium saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce to simmer. Cook until the water has absorbed (about 10-15 minutes) and sit aside to cool.
- Cut the haloumi into 1cm slices. Add half of the haloumi slices to a hot frying pan and cook for 1-2 minute on each side or until golden brown. Repeat with the second half of the haloumi then leave to cool for a few minutes. Cut the haloumi into small square pieces.
- For the dressing mix together the lemon juice and honey and season with pepper.
- Place the cooked quinoa, haloumi, pomegranate seeds, chopped mint and dressing in a large bowl. Toss to combine and serve.