I visited Sydney Fish Market on Monday and went a little crazy buying dozens of scallops, oysters and calamari, all super fresh and delicious. I could not of been more excited to get home and start experimenting with some new flavours and recipes!
First up as a starter for Mondays dinner were these lovely oven grilled scallops with a mix of lemon juice, fresh dill and parmesan. A tasty combo that still lets the delicate flavour of the scallops shine through. Not only do these guys taste great and look impressive served in the shell they could not be more simple to prepare taking no more than 10 minutes from start to finish.
Keep a look out for more of my seafood recipes over the next week or two that I whipped up after my seafood haul.
- 1 dozen scallops on the shell (with or without the row)
- Juice of half a lemon
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Dill leaves, to serve
- Sit the scallops in their shells on an oven tray. Drizzle over the lemon juice, sprinkle with the grated parmesan followed by the chopped dill and season with a little salt.
- Grill at 200 degrees until the scallops start to whiten and the cheese has melted and started to brown, about 3-4 minutes.
- Place on your serving dish and garnish with extra dill leaves. Serve hot with lemon wedges.