This thick and creamy dairy-free dessert matched with caramelised bananas is an oh so tasty and satisfying treat.
Coconut Rice Pudding with Caramelised Bananas
Author: Chelsea Shine
- 1 ½ cups white rice
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 800ml coconut milk
- 3 cups water
- 2 large bananas, sliced
- 50g butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Shredded or desiccated coconut, to serve
- In a large pot mix together the rice, sugar, coconut milk and water.
- Bring to the boil then simmer on a low-medium heat while stirring occasionally for 40 minutes or until the pudding is a thick and creamy consistency.
- For the caramel bananas put the butter in a pan on medium heat. When the butter has melted add the sugar and mix to combine. Add the sliced banana, mix to cover with the sauce and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Spoon the pudding into serving bowls, top with the caramel bananas and sprinkle with shredded coconut.