A quick and easy slice that is sure to impress!
Coconut, Apricot and Double Choc Slice
Author: Chelsea Shine
Serves: 20 large pieces
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 2 cups coconut
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 250g butter, melted
- 395g tin condensed milk
- 1 cup coconut chips
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup dark chocolate buttons
- 1 cup white chocolate buttons
- 1 ½ cups sliced Turkish dried apricots (these are the sour/tart apricots but normal dried apricots are fine)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Grease a 30cm x 20cm slice tin and line with baking paper.
- Mix together all of the base ingredients.
- Spoon into the prepared tin and press firmly to make an even layer.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the base starts to become firm and slightly brown at the edges.
- While the base is cooking mix all of the topping ingredients together and set aside.
- When the base comes out of the oven spoon on the topping and smooth it into the even layer.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Leave to cool then put in the fridge overnight before slicing it up.
- Store at room temperature in an air tight container.