Sticky caramelised goodness, these pork ribs are dangerously good.
Caramelised BBQ Pork Ribs
Author: Chelsea Shine
- 2 racks of pork ribs (approx. 700-800g)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 tbsp soy
- 4 tbsp bbq sauce
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
- Make the sauce by combining all of the remaining ingredients in a saucepan. Simmer on a medium heat for about 10 minutes or until the sugar has dissolved and leave to cool for 10 minutes.
- Take a sharp knife and slice between the bones of the ribs to separate and place on an oiled oven tray.
- Using a basting brush, thoroughly coat the ribs with two thirds of the sauce and set the remaining third aside.
- Cover with foil and cook for 40 minutes.
- Remove the foil, turn the ribs and coat with the remaining sauce. Turn the oven up to 200 degrees and cook for a further 30 minutes or until the sauce has turned dark and sticky. Remove from the oven and serve.