Brussel sprouts aren’t everyone’s friend but this recipe makes them hard to resist.
Caramelised Balsamic Brussel Sprouts with Pine Nuts & Pancetta
Author: Chelsea Shine
Serves: 4 as a side
- 20 brussel sprouts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 pieces of pancetta
- ⅓ cup pine nuts
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- Pre-heat oven at 200 degrees.
- Cut brussel sprouts in half and place on an oven tray.
- Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat evenly.
- Cut pancetta into 1cm wide strips and sprinkle over the sprouts along with the pine nuts.
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes or until the sprouts start to become crispy and golden brown.
- While the sprouts are cooking place balsamic vinegar and brown sugar into a small saucepan over medium heat stirring until the sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil then reduce to medium low heat and simmer while stirring every minute or two until it has reduced to ⅓ of the original and become a thicker consistency (about 15-20 minutes).
- When the sprouts are done spoon them onto a serving dish and drizzle with the caramelized balsamic.