A deliciously refreshing and light Asian inspired salad that makes the perfect accompaniment for seafood and chicken dishes or your summer BBQ.
Asian Rice Noodle & Fresh Herb Salad
Author: Chelsea Shine
- 350-400g packet of wide rice noodles
- 1 ½ cups fresh mint leaves, finely sliced
- 1 ½ cups fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 5 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 fresh chilli, finely diced
- 1 cup roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Juice of 2 limes
- 3 tbsp mirin (or rice wine/rice vinegar)
- 2 tbsp peanut or olive oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp soft brown sugar
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the rice noodles as per the instructions on the packet. Rinse with cold water until they are completely cold, drain and mix through a drizzle of olive oil to stop the noodles from sticking together.
- In a large bowl combine the cold rice noodles, mint, coriander, spring onion, chilli and peanuts.
- For the dressing mix together lime juice, mirin, oil, soy sauce, fish sauce and brown sugar and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combined. This salad can be served straight away or can be prepared in advance and kept in the fridge.